The World Hardcourt Bike Polo Championship is only three months away! With the tournament just around the corner, NAH and Florida Bike Polo are putting the finishing touches on the tournament preparations. This past weekend the tournament’s country allotments were announced. After four different revisions posted on the World Hardcourt Bike Polo Championship’s Facebook page, here is the final breakdown of the allotted spots:
- North America – 20 (based on finish at North American Championships)
- Europe – 20 (based on finish at European Championships)
- South America – 3 (based on finish at South American Championships)
- Mexico/Central America/Caribbean – 3
- Australasia – 6 (based on finish at Australasian Championships)
- Japan – 3
- Taiwan– 1
- Florida – 2
They announced that the wildcard tournament will be a 32 team one day tournament. The top six teams from the wildcard will advance to the World Championship. It has not be announced how the 32 spots will be splits among the countries but I’m sure NAH is on top of figuring it out.
We really hope that each continental region fills their spots this year so that we can have a true World Hardcourt Bike Polo Championship. See you all at the beach!